Mobile DJ Trade Tips - Issue 41 - All About Tax Returns for DJs

Your tax return - a necessary evil

The dreaded envelope will have dropped on most doormats this month so in this Infomail we are taking a simple and brief look at that delightful publication known as the 'Self Assessment' tax return. You may need to have a strong cup of coffee at the ready!

All mobile DJs, whether full or part-time, should be registered as self employed with HMRC and, as such, will need to complete a self assessment tax return. If you're new to self-employment let HMRC know as soon as possible - even if you already fill in a Self Assessment tax return each year. If you don't tell them, you may have to pay a penalty. Registration is quick and painless and can be completed on line (that’s the easy bit!).

This full article, along with many others, is now available in paperback for £11.99 +P&P from the AMPdj Goodie Store and in eBook format from Amazon for just £5.97

A free preview of the book is also available on-line here.

All profits from the sale of the book will be divided between four charities:

Guide Dogs, MS Society, Diabetes UK and Action on Hearing Loss

DJ Hank's Really Useful Guide for Your Mobile Disco Business

The Alliance of Mobile & Party DJs - PLI for £49.99 - why pay more for less?

Previous Newsletter Next Newsletter